1 cup chopped nuts (unsalted and unroasted) and seeds (pumpkin or sunflower)
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 handfuls raisins or currants
1. Preheat oven to 175°C.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl (except the raisins and optional ingredients)
3. Warm the coconut oil over low heat and add the syrup and water, stir well.
4. Add the coconut oil and syrup to the dry ingredients in the bowl, make sure that everything is well mixed.
5. Spread the granola on a baking sheet and bake for 15–20 minutes in the preheated oven.
6. Keep an eye on your granola to prevent it from charring. Every oven is different.
7. Let the granola cool down for 10 minutes before adding the raisins and any other optional ingredients before placing it in a dry container.